Thursday, June 16, 2005

The American Anthem

american anthem (radiohead/Kid A) opens with a rush

de dee dom dom, de dee dom dom

The first time I heard the song, I was transported to Glacier: a memory of driving east on Going to the Sun . As the music raced, my heart beat faster.

Descending towards the plains. Leaving the Rockies behind, entering the sea of grass.

for me, american anthem is inextricably linked to the song which immediately follows: how to disappear completely. As I crossed the grasslands, I felt anonymous.

The Rockies on the horizon, always seemingly 'just over there'.

2 Comments:

At 9:08 PM, Blogger La Uva said...

I love music that travels. I love music. :)

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

I agree with blue2go. Music is pretty amazing..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home