Thursday, January 27, 2005

Mantra Magic

We've added several new mantras to our household lexicon, and actually emblazoned one on cardstock and hung it in the kitchen.

"Everything We Need Is Already Here."

I've found this mantra powerful. Each day I feel a desirous pull, and each day I overcome the urge to spend, and find an alternate solution to meet our needs.

It's been difficult in some ways. I am spending a lot less on groceries, but I've cut perceived quality in some ways. My goal is to feed a family of three on $50.00 a week. Somehow the organic products and specialty items are not fitting as well in this plan. I'm leaning towards higher quality meats, and less emphasis on organic produce and fruits. Organic milk and eggs are a necessity as well. So far, I'm shopping the ads, and planning meals (somewhat). I'm also shedding alot of excess clutter, because suddenly resources are being shifted to cover gaps. It's a wonderful movement of use and energy.

1 Comments:

At 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

love that mantra and you are on your way! Have you read Simple Living? One of my favorite books. I actually have a number of those types if you want to borrow. xoxo noey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home